Essential Oil Solid Perfume Locket
- Pack grated beeswax or beeswax pellets into a Tablespoon-size measuring spoon until it is packed level with the top; then dump the beeswax into a heat-proof glass measuring cup (such as a Pyrex™ brand measuring cup).
- Add 3 Tablespoons of jojoba oil to the beeswax.
- Place the measuring cup in a large sauce pan that is filled with 1″ of hot water.
- Place the sauce pan and measuring cup on the stove, and turn the burner on low.
- Stir the mixture in the measuring cup with a Popsicle stick or bamboo skewer every couple of minutes until the beeswax is completely melted (about 15–20 minutes).
- Turn off the stove, and carefully remove the measuring cup from the pan. Place the measuring cup on a towel on a countertop or table.
- Stir in the contents of 1 capsule of vitamin E (or 3–4 drops liquid vitamin E).
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly, and then stir in 90–120 drops of your desired essential oil or blend. Note: You may find it easier to pre-measure the essential oil in another container and add it all at once.
- Quickly pour the mixture into the lockets. This recipe will fill three or four lockets, depending on size.
- Allow mixture to cool for several hours before wearing the locket. To use, take a small amount of the solid perfume from the locket with your finger, and place it on the wrists, the neck, or any other location on the skin that is desired.