It’s time to get the grill fired up! Try out this marinade recipe with lime essential oil. It’s full of flavor from the honey and lime, with just the right amount of spice from the black pepper and cayenne pepper.
Honey Lime Chicken Marinade with Lime Essential Oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper or 2 drops black pepper essential oil
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4–6 drops lime essential oil
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 2–3 Tbs. honey
- 1 drop lime essential oil
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together.
- Put chicken in a nonreactive baking dish, and pour marinade over; or place chicken and marinade in a sturdy Ziploc bag, and shake to coat. Allow chicken to marinate for an hour before grilling.
- If you like a stickier glaze, mix an additional 2–3 Tbs. honey with 1 Tbs. lime juice and 1 drop of lime essential oil, and brush onto chicken during the last 5 minutes of cooking.