These two easy recipes incorporate cassia and lemon essential oil and are delicious served together. Try these recipes for breakfast with your family, or try serving them at your next essential oil event!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 2 drops cassia or cinnamon essential oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbs flour
- 2 Tbs butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Batter: Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl, and stir until well combined. Pour batter into greased muffin tins, filling each tin about 3/4 full.
- Topping: In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, and butter. Spoon topping evenly over muffins.
- Bake muffins for 12–16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 9–10 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 extra large eggs or 4 large eggs and 1 yolk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (3–4 lemons)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Pour sugar and lemon essential oil into a bowl, and mix until well combined.
- Cream the butter in a separate bowl, and then beat in the lemon sugar mixture. Add the eggs, one at a time; then add the lemon juice and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 2-quart saucepan, and cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. The lemon curd will thicken at about 170º F, or just below simmer.
- Remove from the heat, and cool or refrigerate. Serve with cinnamon muffins.