These Be”witch”ing Cupcakes are so cute and so fun to make! They make a great Halloween activity to do with your kids or grandkids, and they also make a fun and delicious dessert to serve at a Halloween party.
BeWITCHing Cupcakes with Essential Oil Frosting
- 24 cupcakes, made with your favorite recipe
- 24 chocolate-flavored ice cream cones (or vanilla cones dipped in chocolate, if you choose)
- 1 (3.5 oz.) package of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 oz.) container of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Food coloring (if desired)
- 1–3 drops of the food-safe essential oil of your choice
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until well combined.
- Stir in whipped topping and vanilla extract.
- Add essential oil of your choice.
- Divide the frosting into separate bowls, and color each bowl of frosting with your desired food coloring.
- Frost the cupcakes with the color of frosting you want for your base.
- Using an alternate color of frosting, pipe a belt buckle (or other design of your choice) along the bottom of a chocolate cone. You can use a special frosting bag and piping tools if you have them, or you can use a zip-lock bag with a small corner cut off. Hint: If you frosting seems too soft to frost properly, put it in the fridge for a few minutes to chill, and then try again.
- Place the decorated ice cream cone on top of a frosted cupcake.
- Continue until all of your cupcakes are decorated, and then enjoy your masterpiece!