This homemade foaming hand soap is not only all-natural, but you can also customize it to your needs. To customize, all you need to do is change the essential oil you use in the recipe. You can add a holiday scent during the holiday season or a citrus scent for the summertime. Essential oils with antibacterial properties can make this soap great for cold and flu season. Or, simply choose your favorite essential oil or blend so you can smell it every time you wash your hands!
Homemade Foaming Hand Soap with Essential Oils
- 1/4–1/3 cup unscented Liquid Castile Soap
- 2/3 cup water (distilled or boiled is best, but tap water will also work)
- 10–12 drops essential oil of your choice
- 8 oz. Bottle with Foamer Pump
Simply mix the Liquid Castile Soap and essential oil in the Foamer Bottle; then fill the remainder of the bottle with water (only fill to about an inch and a half from the top to save room for the foamer pump), and screw the lid on. Feel free to wash your hands immediately and enjoy your homemade foaming soap!
- Turn this into a face wash by only using 1/4 cup Liquid Castile Soap, adding 5 drops melaleuca essential oil, and filling the rest up with water.
- Add some decorations such as ribbons or snowflakes to make a fun gift.