This tangy rice is the perfect side dish to eat with beans, enchiladas, or any other Mexican dish. It is also delicious inside a burrito.
CIlantro Lime Rice with Essential Oil
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chicken bouillon
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 drops lime essential oil
- 1 toothpick cilantro essential oil (dip the toothpick in the oil, and then swish the toothpick around in the mixture)
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a medium-sized pot, combine the rice, water, garlic, olive oil, and chicken bouillon.
- Heat the rice over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Put the lid on the pot, and reduce the heat to low.
- Let the rice simmer for 20 minutes or until fully cooked (don’t remove the lid while the rice is cooking).
- Remove the rice from the heat, take off the lid, and let it cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the lime juice, lime essential oil, and cilantro oil in a separate bowl.
- Stir the oil and lime juice mixture into the rice.
- Add the fresh cilantro, and stir it into the rice.
- Serve immediately!