Add a little Southwestern flavor to your next event, meeting, dinner party, or social gathering by serving these delicious Southwestern Egg Rolls with Cilantro Lime Dipping Sauce.
Southwestern Egg Rolls
- 1 pound ground beef, browned
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 drop black pepper essential oil
- 18 egg roll wrappers
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine cooked ground beef with rice, beans, and corn. Stir in chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper essential oil.
- Preheat oven to 425 degree Fahrenheit.
- Place a small amount of the rice and bean mixture diagonally on the center of an egg roll wrapper. Dip your finger in water, and then run your finger over the bottom corner of the wrapper. Fold over the top corner of the wrapper to cover the mixture; then fold over the sides and roll tightly (the water on the bottom corner should help the wrapper to seal shut). Repeat until you have filled all of the egg rolls. Hint: Make sure to roll your egg rolls tightly and neatly so that the mixture doesn’t fall out when you are cooking them or eating them.
- Place the egg rolls on a greased baking sheet, and lightly brush them with olive oil.
- Bake the egg rolls for 10–15 minutes (turning over once halfway through), or until lightly browned.
- Serve egg rolls with Cilantro Lime Dipping Sauce.
Cilantro Lime Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 1 half red onion
- 3 tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 avocado, peel and pit removed
- 1 tsp. garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 drop lime essential oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- Place all ingredients in a blender of food processor, and pulse until smooth.
- Serve with Southwestern Egg Rolls.