This ABC Search and Find Jar is perfect for helping young readers to get excited about learning letters and developing reading skills. It can also provide hours of fun and entertainment!
ABC Search and Find Jar
- 16 oz. Clear PET Plastic Jar
- Plastic alphabet letters (the ones we used were alphabet buttons found in the sewing section)
- Plastic beads
- Hot glue gun
- Fill the plastic jar about 3/4 full with alphabet letters and plastic beads.
- Use the hot glue gun to make a thin line of glue around the rim of the plastic jar, and then twist the lid on to glue the lid in place so that it does not come off while your child is playing with the jar.
- Instruct your child to shake the jar and then look for letters that he or she recognizes, letters that make up words, or do a letter hunt for letters that you call out.