The next time you find yourself craving a sweet treat, try this delicious rice pudding that incorporates pure cardamom essential oil.
Cardamom Rice Pudding
- 1 cup long-grain or basmati rice, cooked
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 drop cardamom essential oil
- Pistachios, slivered almonds, or golden raisins for garnish
- In a large saucepan, combine the cooked rice and milk, and heat over medium heat. When the mixture begins to boil, decrease the heat to low and cook at a simmer, stirring frequently, until the mixture begins to thicken (about 5 minutes).
- Increase the heat to medium, and add the coconut milk, heavy cream, sugar, and cardamom essential oil. Continue to cook until the mixture just begins to thicken again (about 5–10 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Transfer mixture to a large glass bowl or to individual bowls.
- Refrigerate until chilled, or serve warm.
- Garnish with golden raisins, pistachios, or slivered almonds.
Note: Cinnamon or cassia essential oil can be used instead of the cardamom essential oil, but start with a toothpick instead of a full drop.
Adapted from: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/indian-rice-pudding-recipe.html