Do you need a fun dessert idea for an upcoming holiday party or essential oil class? Try these delicious mini mud pies infused with pure peppermint essential oil! The shot glasses add a creative element to the dessert and also make a great party favor for your guests to take home afterward. If you are serving these at an essential oil class, you can give your guests this handout that we put together that lists 15 great ways to use the shot glass with essential oils.
Chocolate-Peppermint Mini Mud Pies
- 18 Shot Glasses
- Graham Cracker Crust (see recipe below)
- Chocolate-Peppermint Pudding (see recipe below)
- 1 cup whipping cream (chilled)
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Divide the graham cracker crust between the shot glasses, pressing it into the bottom of the glasses with a small spoon.
- Spoon the pudding while it’s still warm into the shot glasses on top of the crust.
- Place the shot glass desserts in the refrigerator to cool until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, combine the chilled whipping cream and sugar in a stand mixer, and whip until the cream begins to form stiff peaks.
- Top the shot glass desserts with whipped cream.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy this delicious peppermint-flavored treat!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 10 graham crackers
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- Place the graham crackers in a large zip-top bag. Press the air out, and seal the bag.
- Crush the crackers using your hands and then a rolling pin.
- Add sugar and cinnamon to the bag, and shake to combine.
- Pour in the melted butter, and once again shake to combine.
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil
- In a large saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt.
- Slowly pour in milk.
- Turn stove on medium high, and stir the chocolate mixture with a whisk.
- While stirring constantly, bring the pudding to a boil, and let it boil for two minutes. Note: As the pudding warms up, don’t neglect stirring; the pudding will scorch very easily if not stirred constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the butter and vanilla.
- Stir in peppermint essential oil.