Salads make a great lunch meal or a healthy side dish for dinner. A salad can be quite nutritious and easy to make. Here are some tips for quickly making easy, healthy salads:
- While at the grocery store, grab the baby spinach or lettuce options that are already pre-washed.
- Make sure to also buy salad toppings such as carrots, celery, broccoli, cucumbers, onions, peppers, tomatoes, peas, beans, nuts, and dried or fresh fruit.
- As soon as you get home, wash and cut as many toppings as you can. Combine them into small bags (excluding items such as cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, etc.) for a quick salad.
- Make your own dressing (below is a recipe you can start with), and divide it into small condiment containers.
- When it comes time to eat, just throw some spinach or lettuce on your plate, add a bag of toppings, add extra toppings that are better not prepared ahead of time, such as cheese, tomatoes, fresh fruit, etc., and add a small container of your homemade dressing.
- Then, sit back and enjoy this healthy meal that only took a few minutes to prepare!
Creamy Cucumber Dill Dressing
- 1 seedless cucumber, chopped into chunks
- 4 Tbsp. sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (or a combination of the two; add more if you like a thicker dressing)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1 drop dill essential oil or 1 Tbsp. dried dill weed
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Black pepper to taste (or try 1 drop black pepper essential oil)
- Salt to taste
- Put everything in a blender, and blend until smooth. Add spices to taste, and blend for a few more seconds.
- Chill in the refrigerator, or serve immediately.
Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.