Incorporate the benefits of pure thyme essential oil into your holiday cooking this year with this delicious poultry gravy! The fresh herb flavor will leave your guests asking for the recipe––and for a second helping!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper (or use 1–2 drops black pepper essential oil and add with the thyme essential oil)
- 1/2 cup + 3 Tbsp. flour
- 4 cups turkey drippings (strained) or 4 cups chicken broth plus 1 Tbsp. chicken bouillon
- 1 drop thyme essential oil
- Salt to taste
- Melt butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir in black pepper.
- Whisk in flour. Continue whisking for 3 minutes.
- Add turkey drippings or chicken broth and bouillon, and continue heating until hot and bubbly.
- Remove gravy from heat, and stir in thyme essential oil.
- Add salt to taste, if needed.
- Serve gravy warm over turkey and mashed potatoes!