This fun art project is not only helpful for keeping kids entertained, but it also helps build fine motor skills as kids learn how to draw up the colored water using a pipette and release the liquid onto their salt image. Get creative, and have fun while enjoying the wonderful scents of essential oils!
Salt Painting with Essential Oils
- Shot Glasses (small cups or bowls will also work)
- Food coloring or non-toxic paint
- Essential oils
- Paper plates
- Liquid glue
- Epsom Salt
- Plastic Pipettes
- Fill each Shot Glass about 3/4 full of water. Add desired coloring to each Shot Glass. Stir until combined. Add a drop of essential oil to each Shot Glass. It’s fun to scent the water based on the color, such as using lemon essential oil for yellow water, lavender essential oil for purple water, etc.
- Create your design on the paper plate with the glue. Once your design is ready, sprinkle the Epsom Salt over it until the glue is well covered. Shake off the remaining Epsom Salt so your design appears again.
- Use the Pipettes to draw up the colored water and color your design.
- Get creative, and have fun while enjoying the wonderful scents of essential oils!