These Parmesan pesto tomatoes make a delicious appetizer or side dish for any meal!
Parmesan Pesto Tomatoes
- 2 medium tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 4 tsp. prepared pesto (see recipe below)
- 4 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove stems from tomatoes, and slice tomatoes in half.
- Place tomatoes on a baking dish (cut side up).
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt.
- Spread 1 tsp. of pesto on top of each tomato half.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the pesto.
- Bake tomatoes for 20 minutes or until the Parmesan is nicely melted and tomato is warmed.
- Serve immediately.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups spinach leaves, tough stems removed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (almonds or walnuts can be used instead if needed)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 drop basil essential oil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Pack the spinach in the bottom of your blender. Press the spinach down as much as possible. Add pine nuts, sautéed garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and essential oils on top of the spinach in the blender.
- Blend the ingredients together by using the pulse setting on the blender and pausing to scrape the sides as needed.
- Add Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper, and blend in.
- Serve with noodles, chicken, Parmesan tomatoes, or anything else you desire!