This stir-fry is easy to make and adaptable to whatever vegetables you have on hand. Though this dish contains curry powder, it has a sweet, mild flavor that is quite delicious and sure to please.
Honey Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 carrots, sliced at an angle
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 toothpicks ginger essential oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Lemon Honeystix (or substitute with 1 Tbsp. honey and 3–4 drops lemon essential oil)
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 Tbsp. sugar (optional)
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- In a large frying pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and carrots, and sauté for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, and ginger essential oil.
- Add chicken, soy sauce mixture, curry powder, salt, and pepper to the vegetables. Stir to make sure everything is coated and mixed well. Continue to cook until chicken is cooked through.
- In a separate bowl or BlenderBottle®, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients.
- Once chicken is cooked, add broccoli, cover, and let steam for a minute. Remove from heat, and transfer the chicken and vegetables to a clean bowl, leaving the soy sauce mixture in the pan.
- Pour the sauce mixture into the pan with the soy sauce mixture, and cook over medium-high heat for 2–3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Pour the chicken and vegetables back into the pan, and evenly coat with the sauce.
- Serve immediately over rice, and top with sesame seeds, thinly sliced green onions, or lemon slices.