This recipe was submitted by Ali Corle as part of our Facebook contest. She says, “I make this amazing salsa, it’s out-of-this-world good!” And we agree! This recipe makes a lot of salsa, so it is great for a party or large gathering.
- 4 nectarines
- 1 pineapple
- 4 peaches
- 6–12 fresh cilantro leaves
- 1–2 drops cilantro essential oil
- 3–5 drops lime essential oil
- Onion (fresh or powder) to taste
- Sea salt (optional) to taste
- Chop all fruit, fresh cilantro, and onion (if using fresh), and combine in a large bowl. (The size of your fruit pieces determines how chunky your salsa is.)
- Stir in 3–5 drops lime essential oil and 1–2 drops cilantro essential oil. Start with 1 drop of each oil, stir, and add to taste. Add salt to taste, if desired.
- Allow to sit for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Make Cinnamon Tortilla Chips to eat with the Sunshine Salsa!
Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- 1 pack flour tortillas
- Cinnamon-sugar mixture using 2–5 drops cinnamon essential oil
- Preheat oven to 400° F. (205° C.)
- Cut tortillas into triangles.
- Spray or brush baking sheet with oil. Spread tortilla triangles onto the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle tortilla triangles with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. (This Empty Spice Jar works great for this step.)
- Bake for 7–12 minutes. Serve with Sunshine Salsa.
Special thanks to Ali Corle for submitting this recipe on Facebook.