Modern Essentials™: A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils is perfect for anyone wanting to learn about essential oils and their everyday uses. It is the definitive guide, whether you are a new or an experienced essential oil user. This book is a must-have for any essential oil user’s library. Here are a few facts you may not know about this book:
It’s that time of year again when Modern Essentials™ gets an update! With the addition of 48 pages, here’s what’s new in this popular book:
New Design. You will love the stunning new cover, page designs, full-color photographs, descriptive charts, and illustrations. New photos and graphics appear throughout this book as section dividers and to break up some of the text-heavy sections.
Two New Oils. Spikenard and petitgrain essential oils have been added to Modern Essentials™ both in the “Essential Oils” section and throughout the “My Usage Guide” section.
New Spa Products and Supplement. Several new spa products and a new supplement were added to the “Personal Care and Spa” and “Essential Supplements” sections, as well as throughout the “My Usage Guide” section.
New “Simple Solutions.” Over 150 condition-specific recipes, blends, and tips, labeled as “simple solutions,” added throughout the “My Usage Guide” chapter.
Expanded “Essential Living” Chapter. The “Essential Living” section shows how essential oils can be incorporated in a variety of ways to promote a healthy lifestyle. This section now includes new recipes and many new blend ideas in a beautiful new format. Additionally, most home and personal care recipes have been adjusted so they include 15 drops total of an essential oil or blend, and each blend idea totals 15 drops, so each blend can easily be interchanged as desired in a different recipe.
New “Basics of Essential Oils” Chapter. The “Science and Application” section in the 7th Edition has been split into 2 chapters: “The Basics of Essential Oils” and “Essential Oil Science in Depth.” The newly formatted “Basics of Essential Oils” chapter presents the information new and experienced essential oil users need to understand to safely and effectively apply essential oils.
New “Essential Oil Science in Depth” Chapter. This chapter (taken from the “Science and Application” section in previous editions) discusses topics related to the science behind essential oils, including “How Essential Oils Interact with the Body,” “Plants and Essential Oils,” and “Essential Oil Constituents,” among others. The “Essential Oil Science in Depth” chapter enhances knowledge with illustrations and explanations on essential oils, benefits, safety information, and more.
This edition of Modern Essentials™ still includes all the information from previous editions, including the following features:
- The “My Usage Guide” section offers an easy-to-use format on how essential oils are commonly used to support the body for hundreds of common disorders, like acne, to more serious illnesses, like diabetes. Easy-to-understand definitions follow each medical condition listed in the “My Usage Guide” section.
- The body systems symbol within the book highlights different body systems affected by the oils.
- The Balancing Touch Massage Technique found in the “Basics of Essential Oils” section describes a simple yet effective massage technique that uses 8 essential oils and simple hand movements to help combat stress, enhance immune function, decrease inflammation, and balance the autonomic nervous system with the recipient.
- Illustrated charts display information on topics such as auricular points, reflex hand and foot therapy, and the autonomic nervous system, among others.
- “Essential Oils” and “Essential Oil Blends” sections feature a “quick facts” box for simple reference on the basics of any oil or blend. Listing of each essential oil and blend includes chemical constituents, historical uses, application suggestions, safety data, and more.
- Hundreds of research studies are cited as footnote references throughout the book.
- Sections titled “My Notes on Essential Oils and Blends” feature blank pages for personal observations and reference. These appear after the “Essential Oils,” “Essential Oil Blends,” and “Essential Supplements” sections and at the end of the book.
Get your copy of this popular and newly updated book! Modern Essentials™: A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils, as well as the other members of the Modern Essentials™ Family, can be purchased from aromatools.com.