- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 toothpick cardamom essential oil, or to taste (up to 2 drops)*
- 1 cup (100 g) coarsely grated carrot
- 1 cup (225 g) plain greek yogurt
- Kosher salt
- Dukkah or toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Toasted pita triangles for serving
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil.
- Add the garlic, and cook over low heat, stirring, until fragrant.
- Remove from heat.
- Let cool, and stir in cardamom oil.
- Add the carrot and yogurt, and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil, top with dukkah or toasted sesame seeds, and serve with pita triangles.
*Note: We found that the cardamom oil can be overpowering. Start with a toothpick of cardamom swirled into the dip, and continue adding to taste.
Recipe submitted by Debra Allen on Facebook.