Are you ready for a new flavor of hummus? Try out our falafel hummus dip! We accidentally discovered this dip when we were coming up with our recipe for baked falafel. If you love hummus, you need to give this recipe a try!
Falafel Hummus Dip
- 2 cans chickpeas (455 g each), drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (8–10 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup (20 g) fresh parsley
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. (3 g) kosher salt
- 3 drops lemon essential oil
- 2 drops cumin essential oil
- 2 drops coriander essential oil
- 1 drop black pepper essential oil
- Put everything except the chickpeas in a food processor, and pulse until well blended. Dump out mixture into a bowl.
- Add chickpeas to the food processor (you can do this in batches if needed), and blend until smooth.
- Add blended chickpeas to the onion mixture, and stir until well combined.
- Serve with toasted pita triangles or vegetable sticks.