Your face does a lot of work during the day and could use a little love at night. Try caring for your complexion with an all-natural, antiwrinkle cream! This cream is formulated to benefit a mature face with wrinkles, but it can help any skin look younger longer.
Though an optional ingredient, bentonite clay is important for its ability to absorb and remove toxins, heavy metals, impurities, and chemicals. It can do all this because it carries a strong negative charge that bonds to the positive charge in these damaging substances. As bentonite clays draws toxins, it releases minerals for the skin to absorb. Bentonite clay also pulls excess hydrogen from skin cells, allowing them to admit oxygen. Bentonite clay can be found at your local health food store or online. If you do use bentonite clay, be careful to not let it touch anything metallic, or it will lose its effectiveness.
- 1/2 tsp. beeswax pellets (1 g)
- 1/2 tsp. shea butter* or cocoa butter (4 g)
- 1 tsp. honey (11 g)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil (5g)
- 1 Tbsp. sweet almond oil
- 1 tsp. vitamin E oil
- 2 Tbsp. aloe vera gel
- 1/2 tsp. bentonite clay, optional
- 1–2 drops spikenard essential oil
- 3 drops myrrh essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- Lotion pump bottle or salve jar
- In a double boiler (or a heat-proof glass measuring cup placed in a saucepan of water), heat the beeswax pellets and shea butter together.
- Once melted, add honey and coconut oil until melted again. Then add almond oil and vitamin E oil. Remove from heat and stir until all combined.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add aloe vera gel and whisk for 2 minutes to combine. Add bentonite clay and essential oils and stir in with a plastic spoon or fork.
- Note: Do not use metal utensils after adding the bentonite clay, as they will decrease the clay’s effectiveness.
- Pour into lotion bottles or salve jars.
- To use, rub antiwrinkle cream on face after removing makeup.
*Shea butter contains latex (a natural rubber). If you are allergic or sensitive to latex, do a skin patch test before making this recipe with shea butter.