Mothers are always worrying about keeping their families healthy. Adding essential oils to your mommy routine is a great way to do that! Here are some of our suggestions:
1. Essential Oil–Safe Water Bottle. It’s too easy for a mom to forget to drink water with all the demands for her attention, but it is extremely important to stay hydrated in order to maintain good health. Try keeping a water bottle nearby with a few essential oils to help boost the flavor.
2. Modern Essentials. Mothers need an accurate resource that helps them know how to use their essential oils safely on their families. Modern Essentials is research-based, so you know you are getting accurate information. Keep the big book at home to educate yourself and reference later. Use the Modern Essentials Usage Guide, the “Introduction to Modern Essentials” booklet, or the Modern Essentials app for your on-the-go reference.
3. Your Favorite Essential Oil Products or DIYs. It is important for moms to take care of themselves so they have the health and strength to take care of their dear ones. Here are a few DIY products that you may find helpful:
|• Between dishes, laundry, and diaper changes, moms’ hands can easily get tired and dry. Try rejuvenating your overworked hands with this Simply Luxurious Moisturizing Lotion!||• After touching grocery carts, park benches, and dirty diapers, you may want to get rid of the germs with this Citrus Mint Hand Sanitizer.|
|• Keep your lips smooth with this Natural Lip Balm so you can keep on kissing your baby’s adorable cheeks!||• Try out these roll-on blends to help you stay sane, well-rested, refreshed, and happy. Kids thrive when mom has energy!|
|• Keep your breath fresh with this Breath Spray or these Homemade Breath Mints. They are especially handy on mornings when you were in such a rush to get the kids off to school that you forgot to brush your own teeth!||A diffuser or room spray can be a must to keep the house smelling fresh and clean! Try this spill-proof humidifying diffuser. It’s great to use around children who are prone to knocking things over. You may also want to try out one of these fantastic diffuser blends!|
4. Other Articles about Using Essential Oils for Moms.
For the Kids:
1. Diluted Essential Oils. Because children have smaller bodies and more sensitive skin, it is important to make sure any essential oils used on them are diluted with a carrier oil. This is easy to do with a Dilution Stick or with roll-on bottles. Using a dilution stick on children gives their skin a good coating of the carrier oil before applying a drop of essential oil and rubbing it all in. For roll-on bottles, just add a few drops of essential oil to the bottle, then fill the rest of the bottle with a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil, sweet almond oil, or jojoba oil. See this chart for more accurate guidelines based on the child’s age.
2. Kid-Friendly Essential Oil Products or DIYs. Kids can benefit from essential oil DIYs as well! Here are our top recommendations for children:
Toys are notorious for picking up germs and should be cleaned regularly. This spray makes it really easy to clean your kids’ toys—just spray them all down, let them sit for a few minutes as you spray the rest of the toys, and then wipe them all clean.
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) hydrogen peroxide or vinegar
- 4 drops lemon or melaleuca essential oil
- 4 oz. Spray Bottle
- Fill the 4 oz. spray bottle with hydrogen peroxide or vinegar. Add the essential oil. Screw the lid on, and shake to combine.
- To use, spray the toys thoroughly. Let sit for a few minutes, then wipe dry with a clean cloth.
Note: Hydrogen peroxide can lose its effectiveness if exposed to sunlight. It is best to store your Toy Cleaning Spray in a container that will protect it from sun exposure.
3. More Information about Using Essential Oils on Children.