This savory dip is great to use as a refreshment at an essential oil class, a side at a potluck dinner, or even a unique camping appetizer!
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 1 cup (227 g) sour cream
- 8 oz. (227 g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (60 g) shredded parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup (115 g) chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained of excess liquid
- 1/4 cup (30 g) bacon bits (optional)
- 1 cup (150 g) frozen or canned artichoke hearts, chopped (optional)
- 4–5 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- 2 drops rosemary essential oil
- 1–2 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 drop black pepper essential oil
- Mix ingredients, except essential oils, together in a medium bowl.
- Cook mixture over medium heat for 20 minutes or so until hot and bubbly. This can be done on the stovetop, in the oven, in a slow cooker, or wrapped in aluminum foil and grilled or roasted over an open fire.
- Once warm, stir in the essential oils.
- Serve with baguette slices, crackers, or veggie slices (carrot sticks, cucumbers, broccoli, etc).