Finding healthy snacks that everyone will enjoy can be challenging. Here’s a healthy alternative to your traditional cookie-crust fruit pizzas! This fruit pizza is tasty and healthy, and you can top it with your favorite fruit to make your own special masterpiece. Better yet, have the kids decorate it for a fun activity to cure boredom!
No-Bake Chocolate Fruit Pizza
- 1 cup (140 g) whole almonds
- 15 medium pitted dates
- 2 Tbsp. (24 g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp. (8 g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (120 g) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (140 g) plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) sugar or honey
- 1/4 tsp. (1.5 ml) vanilla
- 2–3 drops orange, lemon, or lime essential oil
- 1/4 cup (40 g) strawberries
- 1 clementine or mandarin orange
- 1/4 cup (40 g) blueberries
- 1/4 cup (40 g) blackberries
- Begin by making the crust by blending the almonds in a food processor until they reach a rough flour-like consistency.
- Add in the dates, melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, and vanilla, and blend again in the processor until well combined.
- Press the mixture into a circular tin or tart dish, and refrigerate for an hour.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream cheese and greek yogurt until well combined.
- Add the honey or sugar, vanilla, and essential oil, and combine thoroughly.
- Once the crust has set, move to a plate, and spread on the filling.
- Decorate the pizza with the fruit, making your own design!
You can use any fruit you would like, not just the ones listed. Other fruits you can add include grapes, kiwi, apples, raspberries, etc. Find the fruits you like and be creative!