With summer in full swing, barbecues are becoming more frequent, which results in a very dirty grill. We try to burn off the leftover residue, but sometimes heat alone doesn’t quite do the job. This grill cleaner utilizes the powerful effects of baking soda and vinegar, with the added benefits of lemon essential oil as a cleaning agent. This cleaner is specifically designed for grills, but it may also prove effective on pots and pans!
- 1/2 cup (100 g) baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. (25 ml) Castile Soap
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- White vinegar
- In a bowl, combine the baking soda, castile soap, and lemon essential oil.
- Add vinegar slowly until the mixture reaches an oil-like consistency and starts bubbling.
- Brush the mixture on the grill, and allow it to sit for 15–30 minutes.
- Use a damp scouring pad or grill brush to scrub the surface clean.
- Rinse the grill with water.
If you have a lot of buildup on your grill, you may have to apply the mixture multiple times.