Sometimes you just need a nice hot bath to make things better. These bath melts will enhance your bath by soothing your skin and energizing your body. You’re going to love how you feel!
Coconut-Citrus Bath Melts
- 1 cup Coconut Oil
- 5 drops lime essential oil
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 drops orange essential oil
- 5 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 1 Tbsp. zest from any citrus fruit (optional)
- Small silicone molds or ice cube tray
- Using a double boiler, melt the coconut oil over medium heat until liquified.
- Allow the coconut oil to cool momentarily before adding the essential oils.
- Stir the essential oils and the zest into the coconut oil.*
- Pour the mixture evenly into the molds or ice cube tray.
- Refrigerate the bath melts for 1–2 hours or until hardened completely.
- Put a bath melt into your warm bath and allow it to dissolve while you soak.
- Because coconut oil may liquify in a warm room, keep the remaining bath melts in the refrigerator until ready for use.
*You can substitute an floral-herbaceous blend for the citrus oils, if desired, and replace the zest with crushed, dried herbs. Try an essential oil blend of 5 drops geranium, 5 drops lavender, 5 drops lemongrass, and 5 drops rosemary essential oils.