Do you often find yourself in the deodorant aisle at the store for long periods of time reading ingredient labels and trying to find anything with ingredient names you actually recognize and without ingredients you know to be harmful? The best way to be sure that your deodorant is completely natural is to make it yourself! Try this great recipe for All-Natural Lavender-Scented Deodorant.
[recipe title=”All-Natural Lavender-Scented Deodorant” servings=”Yield = one 2.65 oz. deodorant stick” time=”30 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. beeswax pellets
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 4–6 drops vitamin E oil
- 5 drops melaleuca essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 empty 2.65 oz. deodorant container
- Combine coconut oil and beeswax pellets in a heat-proof glass bowl or glass measuring cup.
- Place bowl or measuring cup in a saucepan filled with an inch of water. Heat mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until completely melted.
- Stir in cornstarch, baking soda, and the oil from one vitamin E capsule.
- Remove from heat, and add essential oils.
- Quickly pour mixture into an empty deodorant container.
- Wait for mixture to harden and cool completely, and then start enjoying your all-natural essential oil deodorant!