There’s nothing worse than those pesky pimples that won’t seem to go away. Finding the perfect acne treatment can be difficult, especially when everything out there seems to do more harm than good with the harsh chemicals involved. This aloe vera acne gel is really easy to make with the oils you have on hand, and it does wonders for your face! The aloe vera acts as a moisturizer, and the witch hazel serves as an astringent, tightening your skin and leaving it super soft.
[recipe title=”Aloe Vera Acne Gel” servings=”Yield=4 oz. (125 ml)” time=”5 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 7 Tbsp. (110 ml) aloe vera gel
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) Witch Hazel
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops melaleuca essential oil
- 1 drop cinnamon essential oil
- 4 oz. Glass Salve Jar
- Place all ingredients in the 4 oz. jar, and use a spoon to combine the mixture thoroughly.
- Wash your face as you normally would.
- Place a hot wet washcloth over your face for a few minutes to allow your pores to open up so that the gel can clean from the inside out.
- Gently rub the gel over your face, and let it soak into your skin.
- If desired, you can follow up with a facial moisturizer.
This gel can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Before using this gel on your face, make sure to do a skin patch test on your inner forearm to ensure that the gel does not cause any adverse reactions. If this does happen, you may want to omit the cinnamon oil and try again.