This is a fun craft to do with the kids or to give as a gift. Decorate the tree with these homemade creations and make the house smell wonderful!
[recipe title=”Applesauce Ornaments” time=”15 minutes active; 2 1/2 hours inactive” difficulty=”Moderate”]
- 2 cups (250 g) cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. (13 g) ground cloves
- 2 Tbsp. (14 g) ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups (365 g) applesauce
- 5 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 5 drops clove essential oil
- Preheat oven to 175°F (80°C).
- Stir ingredients together in a bowl until a dough forms.
- Roll out dough, and cut into holiday shapes using cookie cutters or a knife.
- Place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Make a hole in the top of each shape for the ribbon to go through after baking.
- Bake for 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Let cool, and attach ribbons for hanging.
Hang these on the tree or in garland around the house to spread the delicious aroma of cinnamon and clove!