Need a chicken marinade this summer that works well on the grill? This marinade uses essential oil flavors that are often used in Asian cooking to create a new and exciting dish for your family this summer!
[recipe title=”Asian Lemongrass Chicken Marinade” servings=”6–8″ time=”15 minutes active; 1–24 hours inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 2 lbs. (about 1 kg) chicken pieces
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 6 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 3 drops lime essential oil
- 2 drops ginger essential oil
- 2 drops black pepper essential oil
- 1/4 cup (40 g) shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) honey
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) sriracha sauce, optional
- 2 tsp. (6–10 g) kosher salt
- Lime juice
- Pour the olive oil in a glass bowl, and mix in the essential oils.
- Add the shallots, garlic, honey, fish sauce, sriracha sauce, and salt to the oil mixture, and mix to combine ingredients.
- Massage this mixture over the chicken pieces, and place in a glass dish. Cover and refrigerate for 1–24 hours before cooking.
- Grill, bake, broil, or slow cook as desired until the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165° F. (74° C.).
- Once the chicken is cooked through, drizzle lime juice over the chicken pieces, and serve immediately.