This Avocado Lime Chicken Salad takes a twist on a traditional chicken salad, and we love it! The avocado adds a nice creamy texture, and you can’t go wrong with a lime-cilantro flavor. This salad is so tasty, and you can do a lot with it. Serve it alone, in a wrap, on bread, or in countless other ways. This recipe makes a great side, main dish, or a nice snack during the day.
[recipe title=”Avocado Lime Chicken Salad” servings=”4″ time=”15 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 2 cups (250 g) cooked shredded chicken
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup (18 g) thinly sliced green onions
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) fresh lime juice, separated
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 drops lime essential oil
- 3 drops cilantro essential oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the chicken aside in a medium bowl.
- Dice the avocados, and gently combine with 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining lime juice with mayo, lime essential oil, and cilantro essential oil to form a dressing.
- Combine the dressing with the shredded chicken, and stir to coat entirely.
- Gently combine the chicken with the avocados and sliced green onions.
- Serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.
If you prefer more sauce on your salad, you can always add more mayonnaise and lime juice to make it a little creamier.