We all know berries have staining properties, since clothing is often affected. So, why not use this natural ability of berries to create a beauty product? Sounds like a fantastic idea to us! This lip stain is simple to make and tastes amazing!
As a side note, if you have dry or cracked lips, this stain can make those areas stand out. To avoid this, try exfoliating with our Brown Sugar Lip Scrub first.
[recipe title=”Berry Mint Lip Stain” servings=”1/4 oz.” time=”10–15 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 3 blackberries
- 3 raspberries
- 1 small strawberry, stem removed
- 1/2 tsp. Organic Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil
- 1/4 oz. Glass Salve Jar
- Place berries in a heat-proof glass dish, and soften in the microwave or on the stovetop in a pan filled with an inch of simmering water (creating a double boiler).
- Mash well with a fork. Mix in almond oil and peppermint oil.
- Strain mixture through a cheesecloth or coffee filter, and fill your container.
- Place in fridge, and allow to cool completely before using. Store in fridge when not in use.
- To use, simply dip your finger in the lip stain, and apply it to lips. Wash fingers immediately to prevent staining.
Note: Because this lip stain is made out of berries, it may go bad fairly quickly, so use it often and store it in the refrigerator.