If you need to focus better at work or school, try diffusing this focus diffuser blend that includes petitgrain essential oil:
If you are one of the many people who make a resolution to eat healthier this new year, then you should give this recipe a try! Even though these cookie bites are so delicious, they are also packed with protein and a variety of nutrients to give you a little burst of energy. Just pop one in your mouth when you need a snack or when you have a craving for something sweet!
Healthy No-Bake Cookie Bites with Coconut Oil
- 1 3/4 cups (158 g) oats (quick or rolled)
- 1/3 cup (54 g) chia seeds
- 1/4 cup (24 g) cocoa or cacao powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup (125 g) almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) honey
- 1/2 cup (96 g) coconut oil
- 3/4 cup (139 g) cooked quinoa*
- 1/2 cup (55 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2–5 drops peppermint essential oil (you could also use orange, cinnamon, or cardamom essential oil, but you may want to start with less)
- Combine oats, chia seeds, cocoa or cacao powder, and sea salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond butter, honey, and coconut oil. Mix well, and then add cooked quinoa. Stir until well combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together, and mix well. You may need to use your hands to mix.
- Stir in a drop of peppermint essential oil. Taste; then add another drop if needed. Repeat until you like the flavor.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or in a silicone mold.
- Place in the refrigerator until firm.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
*Note: To cook quinoa, place 1/4 cup (43 g) quinoa and 1/2 cup (120 ml) water in a small pot, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork, and continue cooking for 5 more minutes or until the quinoa has absorbed all the water. You can also cook the quinoa in a rice cooker as you would cook regular white rice.
Bring the fun of the winter holidays into your home with peppermint soap. The aroma and splash of color will make hand washing seem festive!
Peppermint Candy Soap
- Soap molds of holiday shapes (muffin liners in a muffin tin also work)
- Cooking spray to coat molds
- Pure solid glycerin soap (this can be found in cubes at craft stores)
- Peppermint essential oil
- Chopped peppermint candy
- Coat the insides of your soap molds with cooking spray (or use muffin liners).
- Melt soap.The size of your molds will determine how much soap you’ll need. Place cubes of soap in a glass measuring cup, and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Add 10 seconds at a time if needed.
- Stir several drops of peppermint oil into the melted soap.
- Carefully fill your molds almost to the top with the hot soap. Let it cool for about a minute, and then add chopped peppermint candy.
- Let cool and harden for at least 2 hours. Once cool, turn the mold upside down, and pop the soap out.
These soaps add holiday flair to your kitchen and bathrooms or make a great gift!
Enjoy this delicious vegetarian alternative during grilling season. Essential oils give these burgers a healthy, flavorful kick!
Black Bean Burgers
- 2 cans (14.5 oz./411 g each) seasoned black beans
- 1 cup (120 g) seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (35 g) grated white onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. (1.5 g) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. (1.5 g) salt
- 1 drop basil essential oil
- 1 drop cumin essential oil
- 2 drops cilantro essential oil
- 5-8 slices of cheese
- Hamburger buns or rolls
- Other desired toppings (mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, etc.)
- Drain black beans, and pour half of them (1 can) into a blender.
- Add breadcrumbs, onion, egg, spices, and essential oils. Pulse until combined and relatively smooth.
- Scrape mixture into a bowl, and add the other can of beans, stirring everything together.
- Divide and shape the mixture into patties.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan, and grill patties for 6 minutes on each side. Take care when flipping them—they are delicate.
- Melt cheese of choice on top, and serve on toasted buns with desired toppings.
Enjoy with a dash of hot sauce and some veggie sticks or chips and salsa on the side!
- 1 egg yolk (room temperature)
- 1/4 tsp. (1.5 g) salt
- 1/4 tsp. (0.5–1 g) garlic pepper
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) mustard
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) vinegar
- 10 Tbsp. (150 ml) olive oil
- 1 drop essential oil of choice
- Add the egg yolk, salt, garlic pepper, mustard, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, and vinegar to a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk quickly, always turning the same direction.
- Once the mixture thickens, add a little bit more oil, and whisk until it becomes thick again (approximately 2 Tbsp. at a time until you have added an additional 10 Tbsp.).
- Add 1 drop basil, rosemary, or lemon essential oil to the mayonnaise, depending on which flavor you would prefer.
- Enjoy with a toasted tomato sandwich or any other recipe calling for mayonnaise.
Need a chicken marinade this summer that works well on the grill? This marinade uses essential oil flavors that are often used in Asian cooking to create a new and exciting dish for your family this summer!
Asian Lemongrass Chicken Marinade
- 2 lbs. (about 1 kg) chicken pieces
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 6 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 3 drops lime essential oil
- 2 drops ginger essential oil
- 2 drops black pepper essential oil
- 1/4 cup (40 g) shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) honey
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) sriracha sauce, optional
- 2 tsp. (6–10 g) kosher salt
- Lime juice
- Pour the olive oil in a glass bowl, and mix in the essential oils.
- Add the shallots, garlic, honey, fish sauce, sriracha sauce, and salt to the oil mixture, and mix to combine ingredients.
- Massage this mixture over the chicken pieces, and place in a glass dish. Cover and refrigerate for 1–24 hours before cooking.
- Grill, bake, broil, or slow cook as desired until the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165° F. (74° C.).
- Once the chicken is cooked through, drizzle lime juice over the chicken pieces, and serve immediately.
This sudsy body wash smells great and leaves men’s skin feeling healthy and moisturized! This makes a great DIY Father’s Day gift!
Men's EO Body Wash
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) distilled water
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Castile Soap
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Fractionated Coconut Oil or Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 tsp. (5 g) Epsom Salt
- 10 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 10 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 8 oz. bottle with snap-top lid
- Measure all ingredients, stir them together, and pour the mixture into the bottle. (Note: There will be a little too much to fit in one 8 oz. bottle. You can either use the extra right away or pour it into another bottle.)
- Shake up the bottle to ensure ingredients are mixed thoroughly before each use.
- Use in the shower with a wash cloth or loofah.
We liked this essential oil blend, but have fun experimenting with other ones as well!
Toothbrushes often get neglected when it comes to cleaning. Since we put them in our mouths everyday, we may want to make sure they get cleaned regularly. Here is an easy and all-natural way to clean your toothbrush with just a few simple ingredients.
- Shot Glass or small glass bowl
- Hydrogen peroxide
- 1 drop antibacterial essential oil (some good oils to use include Protective Blend, melaleuca, or lemon)
- Fill the shot glass 3/4 full with hydrogen peroxide (enough to cover the toothbrush head). Add 1 drop of essential oil or blend.
- Stir the mixture with your toothbrush, and allow to sit for 8 hours (overnight works great!).
- After 8 hours, rinse your toothbrush off with running water, and enjoy the feeling of a clean toothbrush!
Are you concerned about the chemicals and wax found on produce that you purchase from the grocery store? Many people just quickly rinse their produce with water, but that doesn’t necessarily clean the fruit or vegetable. This produce cleaning spray can not only help you get your produce clean, but may also help extend the life of your fruits and vegetables. As an additional bonus, your fruits and vegetables will already be washed when you need to grab a snack quickly, so it will be more convenient to eat something healthy!
Produce Cleaning Spray
Ingredients & supplies:
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 5–8 drops lemon or lime essential oil
- 8 oz. spray bottle
- Pour all ingredients into the 8 oz. spray bottle. You can use a funnel if needed to avoid spills. Screw the lid on and shake to combine.
- To use, shake the bottle, then thoroughly spray your fruits and vegetables. Allow to sit 5–10 minutes before rinsing, drying, and eating.
Note: If you want to bulk wash your produce, you can do so by mixing the solution in a bowl. Make sure you have 1 part vinegar, 3 parts water, and at least 10 drops of oil for every 2 cups of wash. Once your solution is ready in a bowl, dip your produce in and rub a little with your fingers. Continue dipping until all produce has been cleaned. Allow to sit 5–10 minutes before rinsing, drying, and putting away.
As the weather gets warmer, you’ll be pulling out your spring and summer wardrobes. Be sure to get your arms, legs, and feet summer-ready with this delicious-smelling body butter. We sampled this body butter at the West and East Coast Leadership events this year, and it was a huge hit. Everybody loved the way it smelled and felt. A little goes a long way with this moisturizer, so you’ll be happy to share it with friends—and they’ll be glad you did.
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Cocoa Butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Beeswax Pellets
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Almond Oil
- 1/4 tsp. Vegetable Glycerin
- 4 drops Vitamin E Oil
- 25–30 drops essential oil
- 4 oz. Salve Container
- Create a double boiler, and melt the cocoa butter, beeswax, and coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the almond oil, vegetable glycerin, and vitamin E oil, and stir.
- Remove mixture from the heat, pour into a mixing bowl, and then quickly add the essential oil. (Some oils that go well with this body butter include lemon, orange, or peppermint. At the Leadership events this year, we used the Encouraging Blend. Another great combination is 20 drops of peppermint and 10 drops cinnamon essential oil. Experiment and make it your own.)
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from the refrigerator, and beat the mixture in a stand mixer or by hand. Repeat the refrigerate/beat process until you achieve the consistency you want.
- Spoon into salve containers (this recipe will fill a 4 oz. salve container, or you can divide it into smaller jars for gifts).