Enjoy this wonderful apple crisp warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on a cool winter night. It is the perfect dessert for a party, class, or family dinner.
[recipe title=”Cinnamon Apple Crisp” servings=”8–10″ time=”25 minutes active; 45 minutes inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 8 apples
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 toothpick cinnamon essential oil
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and slice apples.
- Place apples in a bowl, and stir in lemon juice, granulated sugar, flour, and cinnamon essential oil (dip the toothpick in the essential oil, and then stir the toothpick around in the apple mixture).
- Spread apple mixture in the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the quick oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and butter.
- Spoon the oat mixture over top of the apples.
- Place the apple crisp in the oven, and bake for 45 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the crust on top is lightly browned.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.