Replace your synthetic air fresheners with these all-natural gel air fresheners that use pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils to create a pleasant aroma to freshen up a room!
[recipe title=”Essential Oil Gel Air Fresheners” servings=”Yield = 2 air fresheners” time=”20 minutes active; 2 hours inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 pkg. unflavored gelatin (1/4 oz.)
- 2 glass salve jars (4 oz. size)
- 2 drops food coloring (if desired)
- 20 drops essential oil
- In a small pot, combine water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Remove pot from heat, and add the gelatin pack. Stir with a fork or a whisk until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Pour mixture into glass jars.
- Add 1 drop of food coloring to each jar, and stir in with a toothpick.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly, and then stir 10 drops of essential oil into each jar (we used lime essential oil and love how it turned out!).
- Allow to set completely, and then twist on the lid.
- When you wish to use the air freshener, remove the lid, and set the jar in your desired location. This gel freshener works great for smaller room like bathrooms or offices.