The cleaning aspect of using an essential oil diffuser is often overlooked. This is likely because the task can seem a little daunting. But if the task were simple, would you do it more often? To extend the life of your diffuser and keep it looking nice, we recommend cleaning it after every cycle (or at least every week or month, depending on your usage).
We would like to address a few ways we have found that work well for cleaning our most popular diffusers. Though we will explain how to clean specific diffusers, this information can be used for other diffusers that are similar.
Advanced Essential Oil Vial Diffuser:
This diffuser is nice because there really isn’t a lot to clean, and it doesn’t need to be cleaned as often. However, sometimes the essential oils can clog the atomizer tube and will need to be cleaned out.
To Clean The Advanced Essential Oil Diffuser:
- Pull off the atomizer and detach the bottle.
- Place the atomizer in a bowl of warm, soapy water (or rubbing alcohol) and allow to soak for 30–60 minutes.
- Once done soaking, rinse with warm water and wipe down as much as possible. Let dry completely.
- Place a little vinegar and a couple drops of lemon essential oil in an empty oil bottle and diffuse until the vinegar is gone.
- Spray a little diffuser cleaner (recipe below) on the rest of the diffuser and wipe clean.
Whisper Premium Silent Misting Diffuser:
This diffuser is pretty easy to clean, especially if done often. Because the oils don’t have contact with the ultrasonic disc, it isn’t as vital to clean this diffuser after every cycle like other humidifying diffusers. However, cleaning it at least once a week or so, depending on usage, will help extend the life of the diffuser.
To Clean The Whisper Diffuser:
- Spray all the parts of the diffuser with diffuser cleaner (recipe below) and wipe with a cloth or paper towel. Continue spraying and wiping until all parts have been cleaned.
- Once the diffuser has been cleaned with the diffuser cleaner, soak a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol and use it to clean the ultrasonic disc.
- Replace the flexible liner cup as needed.
|Basic Ultrasonic Diffuser:
As with many ultrasonic diffusers, the oil and water are placed in the base of this diffuser with the ultrasonic disc. Because the oils are near the ultrasonic disc, they may create a build-up on the disc that can prohibit it from working properly. Therefore, it is necessary to clean this diffuser often in order to maximize its life. We recommend cleaning this diffuser after every cycle.
To Clean Basic Ultrasonic Diffusers:
- Spray the diffuser inside and out with the diffuser cleaner (recipe below) and wipe with a cloth or paper towel.
- If you have really stubborn hard-water deposits on the inside of the diffuser, you may want to soak some paper towels in vinegar and lay them down inside the diffuser; leave alone for 20–30 minutes.
- Once finished, you can also add a little vinegar to water and a few drops of lemon essential oil to the diffuser and let it run through a cycle.
- After cleaning with the diffuser cleaner, soak a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol and use it to clean the ultrasonic disc.
Use this diffuser cleaner to make your job easy! Just spray and wipe down after every diffuser cycle or as needed.[recipe title=”Diffuser Cleaner” servings=”Yield=2 oz.” time=”2 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
Ingredients & supplies:
- Fill the 2 oz. bottle with vinegar and add essential oil. Screw the spray top on the bottle and shake to combine.
- To use, spray your diffuser inside and out and wipe with a cloth or paper towel.
Note: If your diffuser has an ultrasonic disc, use alcohol and a cotton swab to clean the disc after cleaning with the vinegar.
Print off these cute labels that work with these label sheets for your diffuser cleaner sprays.