Need something that will leave you feeling refreshed even after being outside in the hot summer sun? These Frozen Eucalyptus Mint Towels could be just the thing you need. Not only are they cool to the touch, but the essential oils will help the cooling sensation last even longer on your skin and may help you feel energized as you breathe in the pleasant aroma. You could even try using them after a good workout!
These frozen towels are simple to make, and you may want to double or triple the recipe below so you can always have one in the freezer whenever you need one!
Step 1: Mix epsom salts and essential oils together. The epsom salts help the essential oils mix with the water so the oils will be distributed throughout all the washcloths you use rather than only being absorbed into the first towel.
Step 2: Add warm water, and stir until the salts are dissolved.
Step 5: Place the washcloths in the freezer until frozen (about 2 hours).
Step 6: Enjoy the cooling sensation as you place the frozen washcloth anywhere on your skin! It will stay cool longer if you leave it rolled up and slowly unroll the towel as it thaws.
[recipe title=”Frozen Eucalyptus Mint Towels” servings=”2 towels” time=”5 minutes active; 2 hours inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1 tsp. (5 g) Epsom Salt
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 1 cup (240 ml) warm water
- 2 washcloths
- Place epsom salt in bowl or 16 oz. PET Jar. Add essential oils, and mix together.
- Pour in the warm water, and stir until the epsom salt is dissolved.
- Dip the washcloths in the liquid, and wring out the excess.
- Fold each washcloth in half and roll it up.
- Place in the freezer and freeze for a couple hours.
- To use, place the frozen towel anywhere that you need cooling such as your face, head, arms, feet, etc. Use rolled up, then unroll as it thaws to make the coolness last as long as possible.