As autumn approaches, the weather is getting colder. A good way to warm up during the cold months is with a bowl of hot soup. This healing soup is a delicious way to incorporate the benefits of essential oils with the benefits of a warm meal!
This recipe was taken from Micki Sannar’s cookbook, Aroma & Olive Oil. Check out her cookbook for many other great ideas on cooking with essential oils!
[recipe title=”Healing Soup with Cilantro and Ginger” servings=”4–6″ time=”45 minutes active; 2–4 hours inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1 small bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½– 2 lb. chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2–3 drops ginger essential oil
- 1 drop coriander essential oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 2 boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- Rinse chicken and partially freeze (2–4 hours). Remove from freezer, and slice thinly.
- Marinade sliced chicken in salt, pepper, and cornstarch. Let rest for 10–15 minutes.
- Using a small cup, combine ½ teaspoon of olive oil with essential oils and sesame oil, and set aside.
- In a large pot, bring chicken broth and water to a boil. Turn heat to low, and add chicken. Continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- While simmering, add cilantro, and cook for another 1–2 minutes.
- Stir blended oils into the soup, and garnish with cilantro leaves and diced eggs
Source: This recipe is found in Micki Sannar’s cookbook, Aroma & Olive Oil. Used with permission.