Be prepared for the cold winter months with this Homemade Chest and Throat Salve! This salve incorporates pure essential oils that have been studied for their abilities to help support clear breathing and help strengthen the immune system. Just rub this salve on the chest and on the bottoms of the feet, cover the feet with socks, and breathe a little easier this winter!
[recipe title=”Homemade Chest and Throat Salve” servings=”1/2 cup” time=”10 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 6 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Beeswax Pellets
- 1/2 tsp. arrowroot powder (optional; helps thicken the salve if stored in a warmer environment)
- 20 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil
- 15 drops lemon essential oil
- 4 oz. Glass Salve Jar
- Melt the Beeswax and Coconut Oil on the stovetop in a pan filled with an inch of simmering water (creating a double boiler). Heat until completely melted.
- Add arrowroot powder if desired.
- Allow to cool for a minute before mixing in the essential oils.
- Pour into the glass salve jar. Allow to cool completely before using.
- To use, rub on chest, nose, and/or feet as needed.