Impress your family with delicious, feel-good food––without compromising health! This lasagna is simple to make, tastes amazing, and incorporates the benefits of pure essential oils.
[recipe title=”Homemade Lasagna with Essential Oils” servings=”8–10″ time=”35 minutes active; 45 minutes inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1 lb ground beef
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes (28 oz. size)
- 1 drop oregano essential oil
- 1 drop rosemary essential oil
- 1 drop thyme essential oil
- 1 container cottage cheese (24 oz. size)
- 16 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef. Once cooked, drain the ground beef, and set aside in another dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and then add the lasagna noodles. Cook until noodles are tender. Then remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, prepare the sauce. Place the olive oil and chopped onion in the saucepan, and saute over medium heat until the onions are tender.
- Add the garlic in with the onions, and continue cooking for an additional minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the salt, crushed tomatoes, and cooked ground beef to the saucepan, stir everything in the saucepan together, and continue cooking until warmed through.
- Turn off the heat, and stir in the oregano, rosemary, and thyme essential oils.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Assemble the lasagna in the casserole dish by layering noodles, sauce, cottage cheese, and grated mozzarella cheese. Continue layering until you have used all of the noodles and the casserole dish is full.
- Cover the lasagna with aluminum foil, and bake for 45 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Remove the foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Let the lasagna sit for about 15 minutes so that it cools slightly, and then serve!