If you can’t go to the tropics this summer, bring them to you with this yummy frozen treat!
[recipe title=”Homemade Tropical Ice Cream” servings=”12″ time=”10 minutes active; 1 hour inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 3 cups (720 ml) milk (whole milk or coconut milk)
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) agave nectar OR 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 3 drops orange essential oil
- 3 drops lemon essential oil
- 1/4 cup (23 g) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (90 g) pineapple bits, drained and patted dry
- Mix together the milk, cream, and sweetener.
- Stir in the essential oils.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker, and let it run 20 minutes. Then add the coconut and pineapple, and let it continue to process in the ice cream maker.
- When the mixture is the consistency a firm soft-serve, it is ready to eat!
For a harder ice cream, store in the freezer for a couple of hours before serving. It is also delicious topped with chopped macadamia nuts.