This delicious and light recipe comes in a great portion size for a healthy luncheon!
[recipe title=”Mini Lasagnas” servings=”12″ time=”30 minutes active; 10–15 minutes inactive” difficulty=”Moderate”]
- 12 oz. (340 g) ground turkey breast
- 1 cup (150 g) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (38 g) chopped mushrooms
- 1 tsp. (6 g) salt
- 1/4 tsp. (1 g) pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 oz./425 g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. (3 g) chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp. (2 g) chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 cups (372 g) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 drop oregano essential oil
- 1 drop basil essential oil
- 24 small square wonton wrappers
- 1 1/2 cups (170 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° F. (190° C.).
- Over medium heat, cook the ground turkey, onions, mushrooms, salt, and pepper until the turkey is browned. Add the garlic and cook for 1–2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and half the chopped oregano. Simmer on low for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta with the remaining chopped oregano and the basil. Drop in the essential oils. Stir to mix well.
- Coat a standard-sized muffin tin with olive oil. Firmly press 1 wonton wrapper into each of the 12 cups.
- Divide half of the ricotta mixture among the 12 muffin cups.
- Using half of the turkey-tomato sauce, spoon it evenly over each of the ricotta-filled cups, and sprinkle each with mozzarella.
- Lay another wonton wrapper on top of the mozzarella layer. Repeat the layering process with the second half of the ricotta mixture and sauce, finishing with mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake 10–12 minutes, until the wonton edges are crispy and the cheese has melted.
- Let the cups cool a bit before removing from the pan.
Serve with a fresh tossed green salad and some homemade vinaigrette!