As the weather gets warmer, you’ll be pulling out your spring and summer wardrobes. Be sure to get your arms, legs, and feet summer-ready with this delicious-smelling body butter. We sampled this body butter at the West and East Coast Leadership events this year, and it was a huge hit. Everybody loved the way it smelled and felt. A little goes a long way with this moisturizer, so you’ll be happy to share it with friends—and they’ll be glad you did.
[recipe title=”Body Butter” yield=” 4 oz.” time=”30 minutes active; 1 hour inactive” difficulty=”Moderate”]
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Cocoa Butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Beeswax Pellets
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Almond Oil
- 1/4 tsp. Vegetable Glycerin
- 4 drops Vitamin E Oil
- 25–30 drops essential oil
- 4 oz. Salve Container
- Create a double boiler, and melt the cocoa butter, beeswax, and coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the almond oil, vegetable glycerin, and vitamin E oil, and stir.
- Remove mixture from the heat, pour into a mixing bowl, and then quickly add the essential oil. (Some oils that go well with this body butter include lemon, orange, or peppermint. At the Leadership events this year, we used the Encouraging Blend. Another great combination is 20 drops of peppermint and 10 drops cinnamon essential oil. Experiment and make it your own.)
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from the refrigerator, and beat the mixture in a stand mixer or by hand. Repeat the refrigerate/beat process until you achieve the consistency you want.
- Spoon into salve containers (this recipe will fill a 4 oz. salve container, or you can divide it into smaller jars for gifts).