Are you tired of using cleaners with strong chemicals and overpowering fumes? This simple and natural toilet bowl cleaner will leave your toilet clean and shiny, and you can feel good about using a cleaner that is safe for your family.
[recipe title=”Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner” Servings=”Yield=8 oz.” time=”5 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
Ingredients and Supplies:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. hydrogen peroxide
- 1/4 cup Castile Soap
- 7–15 drops of melaleuca essential oil (or other oils recommended for cleaning; see Modern Essentials)
- 1 White Plastic Bottle with Flip-top Cap (8 oz. size)
- In a bowl, combine the water, baking soda, and hydrogen peroxide. (Note: There will be a reaction when the hydrogen peroxide and baking soda mix.)
- Add the Castile soap and essential oil, and mix well.
- Using a funnel, add the mixture to your plastic bottle.
- With the flip top open, squirt the mixture under the rim of your toilet, and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Scrub with a toilet scrubber, and then flush.
Your toilet will be shiny and clean! If you end up with any mixture leftover, leave the flip top open to allow any gasses to escape.