Do you like the moisturizing effects of an oatmeal bath, but don’t like having all that oatmeal in your bathtub? These Oatmeal Shower Scrub Bags are the solution! Simply rub the bag over your skin when you shower, bathe, or wash your hands. The oats moisturize, the soap cleans, the lavender soothes and scents, and the organza bag gives a gentle exfoliation. Scrub bags make great gifts for friends, family, or essential oil class members. In fact, this recipe is a fantastic make-and-take class idea!
[recipe title=”Oatmeal Shower Scrub Bags” servings=”18–20 bags” time=”5–10 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4–1/2 cup unscented, grated bar soap (or add a little liquid soap to bag right before using)
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 20 small organza bags
- Mix ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Add about 2 Tbsp. of the mixture to each organza bag or until about 3/4 full.
- To use, wet the bag with water before massaging it over your skin in circular motions. Rinse well with water.