Magnolia (Michelia alba, or Magnolia alba) essential oil is steam distilled from the flower of the plant. The sweet aroma is a subtle blend of floral, fruity, and herbaceous tones. Magnolia properties: analgesic, anxiolytic (anti-anxiety), antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antitumor, sedative.
Turmeric is a traditional seasoning used in curries and other East Indian dishes. This golden, warming soup is flavored with curry power plus turmeric and black pepper essential oils. These oils not only complement each other as seasonings but also work synergistically for powerful health benefits. Both are highly analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant—to name just a few properties. You will love this soup, and it will love you back!
Many thanks to Ashley Farrell, a dōTERRA® Wellness Advocate and AromaTools® customer, for her Instagram recipe (slightly adapted). Ashley recommends topping the soup with caramelized onions and toasted pepita seeds (the green insides of pumpkin seed shells).
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) essential oil is steam distilled from the bright yellow-orange rhizome. (Rhizomes are horizontal, underground stems that sprout both vertical roots and stems to propagate perennial plants.) Turmeric is a pungent herb commonly used to season savory dishes in its native India. The essential oil likewise has a warm, earthy, and spicy aroma. Turmeric properties: analgesic, anticonvulsant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antimutagenic, antioxidant, antitumor, and insecticidal.
Our long-awaited app upgrade is here—and worth the wait! Of course, we’ve added all the new 2018 essential oils, but there’s so much more. In fact, Modern Essentials® Plus is a complete app makeover for an amazing user experience. Here’s an introduction to just a few of the fabulous features and how to use them!
First, your options. You can simply download the “Basic” option for a one-time fee. Or, you can add a “Full” subscription at a low monthly or yearly rate for added features and updates.
Doesn’t everyone secretly love a zombie apocalypse? Then we’ve got the most engaging way to introduce essential oils! Enter Essential Oils & the Zombie Apocalypse: Survival Guide for a World Overrun by the Undead. By the way, the cute cartoon illustrations are G-rated—no gratuitous gore here.
During the scary season, here’s a reassuring way to introduce children (and their parents) to the emotional benefits of essential oils! A suspenseful tale about confronting nighttime terrors shows kids how to use oils for courage, calm, and restful sleep. This engaging booklet includes recipes for diffuser blends, roll-on vials, and misting sprays. A “baby zombie” plush doll with an absorbent diffusing “brain” is sold separately.
This fresh new diffuser blend is amazing! The floral-herbaceous aroma with a light minty overtone is absolutely amazing. This blend is relaxing, calming, and refreshing—really a perfect blend for any day. Diffuse this blend to give the air an uplifting aroma.
It’s no coincidence that 2018 is a banner year for both AromaTools® and dōTERRA®. Our signature book, Modern Essentials®, has been the reference guide of choice for Wellness Advocates since dōTERRA® began 10 years ago. The new Modern Essentials® 10th edition once again features dōTERRA® brand names for all 2018 oils, blends, supplements, and personal care and spa lines.
Have you ever thought about the bacteria collecting on your yoga mat? Yoga mats tend to be hard to clean; but it needs to be done, so we’ve come up with a simpler way to disinfect your mat while adding the benefits of essential oils to the routine. We’ve put together an antibacterial cleaning spray using essential oils that is sure to leave your mat smelling fresh and clean.
This south-of-the-border-style soup is definitely one of our favorites! It’s creamy, just a little spicy, and simply delicious. The essential oils really round out the ethnic flavor. Who doesn’t appreciate an easy, slow-cooker meal on a busy day? You’ll absolutely love this soup!
Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10 oz.) green enchilada sauce
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans
- 3 cans (15 oz. each) black beans
- 2 cans (4 oz. each) diced, fire-roasted, green chilies
- 1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes (optional)
- 4 tsp. ground chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. paprika
- 2 drops cumin essential oil
- 2 drops cilantro essential oil
- 1 drop black pepper essential oil
- Toppings: cheese, sour cream, fresh lime, cilantro, etc.
- Place the chicken, chicken broth, enchilada sauce, beans, green chilies, diced tomatoes, seasonings, and essential oils* into a slow cooker. Stir the ingredients together, and cook on high for 3–5 hours or on low for 5–7 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred it using a couple of forks or a hand beater.
- Soften the cream cheese slightly in the microwave. Spoon small chunks into the slow cooker and stir it in. (*For stronger seasoning, stir in the essential oils at this point.)
- Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker, cover, and cook for 30 minutes more, or until the cream cheese melts in.
- Scoop the soup into bowls, top with sour cream, cheese, lime juice, cilantro, or anything else you desire.