Bring the fun of the winter holidays into your home with peppermint soap. The aroma and splash of color will make hand washing seem festive!
[recipe title=”Peppermint Candy Soap” time=”20 minutes active; 2 hours inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- Soap molds of holiday shapes (muffin liners in a muffin tin also work)
- Cooking spray to coat molds
- Pure solid glycerin soap (this can be found in cubes at craft stores)
- Peppermint essential oil
- Chopped peppermint candy
- Coat the insides of your soap molds with cooking spray (or use muffin liners).
- Melt soap.The size of your molds will determine how much soap you’ll need. Place cubes of soap in a glass measuring cup, and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Add 10 seconds at a time if needed.
- Stir several drops of peppermint oil into the melted soap.
- Carefully fill your molds almost to the top with the hot soap. Let it cool for about a minute, and then add chopped peppermint candy.
- Let cool and harden for at least 2 hours. Once cool, turn the mold upside down, and pop the soap out.
These soaps add holiday flair to your kitchen and bathrooms or make a great gift!