This dessert is so delicious—and healthy too! If you love rich, creamy, chocolate treats, this is the one for you. It’s made with coconut cream, which adds an amazing hint of coconut flavor. And the peppermint essential oil tops off this amazing dessert with a flavor to die for! This mousse is very rich, so it doesn’t take much to hit your sweet spot.
[recipe title=”Peppermint Chocolate Mousse” servings=”6–8″ time=”20 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp. (18 g) confectioner’s sweetener (or confectioner’s sugar)
- 3 Tbsp. (24 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 squares (20 g) 70% dark chocolate, shaved (optional for extra richness)
- Shaved chocolate for garnish
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- Place the cans of coconut cream in the refrigerator overnight before using. Without shaking the cans, open them up and scoop the thick cream off the top of the water into a bowl.
- Add the sweetener or sugar to the cream, and beat on high until it thickens up. If desired, you can save a little bit of the whipped cream to top the mousse with.
- Fold the cocoa powder and salt into the cream, and beat again until smooth.
- Add the peppermint essential oil, and beat again.
- Fold in the chocolate shavings, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with whipped coconut cream and chocolate shavings, and serve!
You can also use coconut milk in place of coconut cream, but you will need to allow the mousse to thicken in the refrigerator for an hour or more before serving.