Have you ever tried adding lots of fresh rosemary to your fries? Some fancy restaurants do this, and it is incredibly delicious! Try out this recipe to make your fries a little more gourmet—with the added benefits of essential oils!
[recipe title=”Rosemary Baked Potato Fries” servings=”4–6″ time=”30 minutes active; 45 minutes inactive” difficulty=”Moderate”]
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) potatoes, cut into 1/4″ (3/4 cm) sticks
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. (3 g) salt or to taste
- 4–6 drops rosemary essential oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place potato sticks in a large glass or metal bowl. Add olive oil, and toss with hands to coat the fries.
- Pick up handfuls of the potato fries, and shake off some of the oil before laying them flat on a baking sheet. Try to lay them in a single layer as much as possible so they cook evenly. Shake a little salt over the fries. Our Essential Oil Italian Salt or Essential Oil Herbes de Provence Salt tastes fantastic with this recipe.
- Bake the potato fries for 30–35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, add the rosemary essential oil and garlic to the remaining olive oil in the large bowl. Stir to combine, and set aside to allow the rosemary oil to infuse the olive oil.
- Once the potatoes have finished cooking and are just starting to crisp up, remove them from the oven and put them back in the large bowl. Carefully stir to coat the potatoes with the flavored olive oil; then place them back on the baking sheet, and spread them in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the fries, and place them back in the oven for another 10 minutes or until crispy/browned to your preference.
- Serve immediately. These taste fantastic with the Creamy Basil Dip (recipe below).
Fries are meant for dipping, so don’t forget to try out this Creamy Basil Dip! These shot glasses make a perfect condiment container for dipping.
[recipe title=”Creamy Basil Dip” servings=”Yield=1 cup (240 ml)” time=”10 minutes active” difficulty=”Easy”]
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1–2 drops basil essential oil
- 1 tsp. (3.5 g) garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Basil leaves, chopped finely for coloring or left as leaves for garnish (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, and whisk until combined.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- This dip tastes great on burgers or with french fries (particularly the Rosemary Baked Potato Fries).