Add a classic touch to a card or note with the unique aroma of your favorite essential oil. Whether you are looking to add a touch of romance or just trying to brighten someone’s day, scenting your note with a complimentary essential oil will only enhance the message you are trying to send! If you want to add a little chocolate to your message, these Essential ChocOILates are infused with essential oils and are the perfect companion to a Valentine’s Day note!
[recipe title=”Scented Notes & Letters” time=”2 minutes” difficulty=”Easy”]
- Stationery, note cards, paper, envelopes, etc.
- Large re-sealable plastic bag
- Tissue or Battery Operated Diffuser Aroma Pad
- Essential oil of choice
- Take 5–10 sheets of stationery, note cards, paper, or envelopes, and place them inside a large sealable plastic storage bag.
- Drop 10–15 drops of your desired essential oil or oil blend on a tissue folded in eighths or on a Battery Operated Diffuser Aroma Pad. Place the tissue or pad between the sheets of paper inside the plastic bag.
- Seal the plastic bag, and allow it to sit for 1–2 days so that the aroma can permeate through the paper.
- When you desire to use the paper for a note or letter, take it out of the plastic bag, and use it as normal. Reseal any unused paper back in the plastic bag.
- Use this technique to spice up Valentines, love notes, birthday cards, Christmas cards, event invitations, or any other letter or note.
- To scent many sheets of paper at one time, stack the paper in a box with an oiled tissue or pad every 5–7 sheets, and then seal the box shut with tape. Allow to sit for 1–2 days before using.