At the end of a long day, there is nothing like coming home to the smell of a delicious roast in the slow cooker. This simple recipe packs a big flavor and will leave you highly satisfied.
[recipe title=”Slow Cooker Herbed Pot Roast” servings=”6–8″ time=”20 minutes active; 8 hours inactive” difficulty=”Easy”]
- 1 cup water
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. minced garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1–2 drops rosemary essential oil
- 1 drop thyme essential oil
- 1–2 drops marjoram essential oil
- Place water and uncooked chuck roast in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle salt, garlic, and olive oil over roast.
- Turn the slow cooker to low, and cook for 6–8 hours until tender (if the water level gets low, add a little more water so the roast doesn’t get dry).
- Turn off heat, and add essential oils to the broth around the roast. Taste the broth, and add more salt if needed.
- Remove roast from slow cooker, and slice or shred it.
- Return sliced roast to broth, and let marinate in the broth for 15 minutes.
- Serve roast warm with potatoes, salad, vegetables, bread, or whatever you desire!